Thursday, January 22, 2009

An Ending Starts With A New Beginning

Inauguration weekend marked the end of many things: the end of another president's administration, the end of a historic candidacy and transition period, and, on a personal level, the end of nearly two years of being involved in and bearing witness to an extraordinary number of momentous events. Inauguration weekend also marked the dawn of a new beginning.

Below I've included some pictures and videos from the highlights of my weekend.

"We Are One" Concert at the Lincoln Memorial







Manifest Hope Art Gallery and Party






Santagold performs


Singing Goodbye with De La Soul


Even the security guard is dancing

The Swearing-In
The following pictures were snapped by my friend, Theo LeCompte, at the swearing-in ceremony. I wasn't with him, but his vantage point is so incredible, that I wanted to share them.








The Parade



The Ball







Mr. President and the First Lady for the first time




How Good Lookin' is my Wife?


Let's Welcome Beyonce


At Last





A Kiss from Beyonce (Not for Me, Unfortunately)


The Weekend Comes to an End.

A New Beginning Dawns.

2 Comments:

At 1/23/2009 7:07 PM, Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

I wondered if you were on the Mall on Tuesday. How did you score tickets to the Neighborhood Ball???

 
At 1/24/2009 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you got to go to one of the REAL inaugural balls! I'm just oozing with jealousy right now. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home