Monday, December 15, 2008

Play Ball

I'm on a mission. Since November 4th, I've been trying to score free tickets to an inaugural ball, mostly for the fun of it and for the chance of putting on a tux for something other than a wedding. I've hit up acquaintances, tracked down long lost friends and even asked one of the local valet businesses if I could park a few cars in exchange for a couple of dancing tickets. So far, no dice, though there's more than a month to make this happen. (Unfortunately, I know I'm not the only one trying to do this). Failing this mission of mine, I'd like to host my own anti-ball, pro-inauguration, black-tie-for-the-fun-of-it party, but my apartment only fits about, oh, 10 people. Uncomfortably. So, right now I'm up a creek. But hopefully I'll have an occasion to put on my dancing shoes and a bow tie by the time January 20th rolls around!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home