Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Plenty to write about....

...but no time to write it unfortunately! It's officially finals season for the next couple of weeks at school, so my writing is going to range from sparse to non-existent.

Stream of topics that have been bouncing around in my head lately in between exam studying and that I've been jotting down during my afternoon/evening/nighttime library session. Parden the run-on sentences. I consider it poetic license.

*Virginia Tech tragedy. Hard to read the press about it because descriptions are so graphic, and I'm a student so I feel like I can visualize what happened. *Presidential politics - appropriate that all the candidates stop campaigning for a couple of days after the VT shooting. Also interesting to see how each candidate responded to the tragedy on their website and the statements they issued - it said a lot about the images that each is trying to project, but I'll have to save that for another time.
*Elections in France - are they a metaphoric parallel to the decisions we'll be making in the US in '08? Could potentially have female presidents leading two of the Western hemisphere's powerhouses by next year. Wonder what effect that might have on traditional macho images, like the military and going to war. I mean, imagine if a woman was the President of Iraq and the U.S. Would we have gone to war in the first place?
*Best songs I've ever downloaded from iTunes "free single of the week": Cry Baby/Piece of My Heart - Melissa Ethridge & Joss Stone from the 2005 grammys; Trains to Brazil - Guillemots. Close second (or third) and most recently downloaded: Philosophia - Guggenheim Grotto
*My Israeli music collection sounds especially good today, but maybe that's because it's Yom Ha'atzmaut (Isaeli independence day)
*Law school is going fast. Just finished classes for the semester today - that's 4 semesters down, and only 2 left. I'm glad I didn't go to business school. I would have been done with it by now.
*I want to leave the library.

2 Comments:

At 3/06/2010 6:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I confirm. All above told the truth.

 
At 3/13/2010 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I join. I agree with told all above. We can communicate on this theme.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home