Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Blog Challenge

In honor of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), I'm embarking on my own writing challenge. My goal: To write on my blog every day for the next month - from today, November 19th until December 19th. (Collective gasp). I'll admit that even I'm a bit daunted by this challenge; so, since I'm the creator and sole arbiter of it, I'm taking the liberty of relaxing the rules for myself. After all, everyone could use a day off every now and then. I won't be posting on Saturdays and will be encouraged, but not required, to post on Sundays. I'll be celebrating Thanksgiving by eating a lot and spending time with family, so I also don't anticipate writing Thursday and Friday of next week. Otherwise, however, I'm hoping to write everyday between now and December 19th. By my count that's at least 21 posts.

I have several reasons for taking this project on: I'd like to improve my skills in the art of the "short blog post" - the post that's insightful, witty and brief. I'd also like to get back into the groove of writing more regularly and think this is a fantastic way to wind up the calendar year on my blog, especially since Awake at All Hours will be celebrating its 2 year anniversary in February 2009. And, finally, I want to see if I'm really able to come up with something to write about every day for the next month!

1 Comments:

At 11/19/2008 4:15 PM, Blogger Princess in Galoshes said...

Good luck! I know it's daunting, but it'll be fun to be on the reading side of things. :-)

Sorry I wasn't able to meet up two weekends ago. I just ran out of time in VA/D.C. Hopefully we'll be back in the spring!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home